Monday 22 October 2012

All Things Lippy


1. This design would look amazing on Jessie J or Lady Gaga, maybe even Rihanna! Any big star could pull this off, the detail is beautiful. 2.This crab is adorable! Like all of these looks, not something you'd wear out on the street... at least I wouldn't! 3. Jessie J. Ugh. If anyone can pull off studded lips it's her. And she had that way before studs even 'came in' so to speak... trend setter I think!? 4. Adorable, and yummy looking! Love this look. 5. This is a look I did a few months back, hehe I love my cute little fox! 6. Rainbow lips! Lip Tar would be the best product to create this look I imagine!

Lip designs are becoming so popular at the moment, for music videos in particular I've noticed! I really hope the star's makeup artists continue to be inventive and creative with their looks, it really adds an edgy look to the whole creation!


My take on Jessie J inspired lips from her video 'Price Tag'
This is so incredibly easy! Literally all you need is a glue suitable for the skin (I use Spirit Gum, you can buy it for £2.95 from www.screenface.co.uk), cotton buds or another small applicator, and gems! I bought mine from a craft store. They don't have to be specifically for the skin!

1. Clean your lips to remove any unwanted substance
2. Dip a cotton bud/applicator brush into the glue and dab on the underside of the gem
3. Place on to the edge of either the top or bottom lip
4. Continue to do this, starting with the outer edges of the lips to give you your shape
5. Fill the centre with the remaining gems
6. Leave to dry, it's uncomfortable but good for short-term wear (some tend to drop off if they're tiny, avoid swallowing!)


Simple! I added some silver in with the pink to add a bit of a quirky look, mix colours around yourself, see what takes your fancy!


Who loves the gem lip look?
Would you wear any of these out and about?!
Hope you're all having a lovely Monday.

Katie xo

No comments:

Post a Comment